NCAA Eligibility Center

College Bound Athletes

If you are interested in playing sports at the collegiate level, you should obtain a copy of the NCAA's "Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete". The Guide is updated annually so search for the current school year copy. Or login to your NCAA Eligibility Center account to access.

Your eligibility for Division I and II is determined by your academic classes (there are a required number of academics in each of the cores that you must take to be considered eligible), your GPA and your ACT/SAT scores. See your counselor for details or click here .

NCAA Division I:  If you want to play a sport at the Division I level, you must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center before you may receive a scholarship or represent a college on the playing field. Some coaches may not even recruit you until you are registered, so register early, i.e. between your junior and senior year.

NCAA Division II:  Similar to Division I, you must register for the NCAA Eligibility Center if you want to play a sport at the Division II level.

NCAA Division III: If you want to play a sport at the Division III level, you do not need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. Division III schools cannot offer athletically-based financial aid/scholarships. Instead, student-athletes can receive financial assistance based on their academic merits and/or financial need.

NAIA:  NAIA can offer prospective student-athletes scholarships based on athletic ability. For more information on recruiting/regulations, please visit