Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Completion
- Completing the FAFSA typically takes approximately one hour.
- Important documents you will want to have on hand before meeting with GRCC are: Social Security #'s (student, parents, step parents), Federal Tax Returns from 2019 (student, parents, step parents) and Benefit and asset information from 2019 (student, parents, step-parents).
- Create your FAFSA ID before meeting with GRCC – Login to http://fsaid.ed.gov
- The FAFSA on the Web Worksheet is helpful document that shows you what documents you need to complete the FAFSA.
- Again, click here to schedule an appointment with GRCC for help with the FAFSA.
Additional topics to be covered:
* The advantages of applying for financial aid
* The myths regarding financial aid
* Walking through the process of filing for the FAFSA
* How to use all of the online services for federal loans and grants
* Important tips on how to fill out the forms
* Michigan programs that are available to all students
* New highlights on student financial programs
* What happens after you apply for the FAFSA
* Explaining the process changes of the FAFSA
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Go to https://fafsa.ed.gov to start your FAFSA. Your first step is establishing your FSA ID.
For online assistance go to https://studentaidhelp.ed.gov
For phone assistance, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-433-3243
Notice that there are Federal, State and College Deadlines.