Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Completing the FAFSA typically takes approximately one hour.
- Go to studentaid.gov to create your FSA ID & Password for the 2024-2025 year.
- Important documents you will want to have on hand before meeting with GRCC are: Social Security #'s (student, parents, step parents), Federal Tax Returns from 2022 (student, parents, step parents) and Benefit and asset information from 2022 (student, parents, step-parents). The financial information needed for the 24-25 FAFSA will be looking at the 2022 tax year. Benefit and asset information is also from the 2022 year.
- The FAFSA on the Web Worksheet is helpful document that shows you what documents you need to complete the FAFSA. WATCH FOR UPDATED 24-25 WORKSHEET
- Again, click here to schedule an appointment with GRCC for help with the FAFSA
Additional topics to be covered:
* The advantages of applying for financial aid
* The myths regarding financial aid
* Walking through the process of filing for the FAFSA
* How to use all of the online services for federal loans and grants
* Important tips on how to fill out the forms
* Michigan programs that are available to all students
* New highlights on student financial programs
* What happens after you apply for the FAFSA
* Explaining the process changes of the FAFSA
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal Student Aid: Find the Information You Need Online
Notice that there are Federal, State and College Deadlines.