Breakfast is still FREE for all elementary students
Lunch is $2.15 (includes milk)
**if you receive free/reduced lunch, but choose to bring your own lunch, milk will cost $0.50.
Please make every effort to keep your student's lunch account current with adequate funds. You may make lunch deposits at www.sendmoneytoschool.com or by sending money with your child. If your child's account becomes overdrawn by 5 meals, an alternative lunch will be offered.
All of the adults who work here at KCE want to keep our school a safe place. Students - we need your help!!!
Students should NEVER open doors for someone entering the building during the school day - even if you know the person entering. There are signs on the door to remind you and to let visitors know that they MUST enter the building by the lower atrium only. Teachers will show students the signs and demonstrate how to politely point to the sign letting the visitor know where they should enter. A new buzzer button with a camera has been installed at the lower elementary atrium doors. This is a tool to keep us safe and lets the office know who is coming into our school. It is NOT a toy and should only be used by students in an emergency. When visitors arrive at KCE during the school day, they should use the button. We will open the doors from inside the office.
Please do NOT prop the outside doors. If a door is left open, a visitor might enter the building without anyone knowing. If you see an adult in the building without a Kent City Staff badge or Visitor sticker, please let your teacher or another staff member know right away.
It is important that we stay respectful and polite to anyone who visits our school, but you and everyone else who works and learns here at KCE, MUST work together to help keep us all safe during the school day.
Important News for 2013/2014 School Year...
Arrival and Dissmisal Procedures...
Just a few reminders to make some of our KCE procedures run more smoothly and to keep our kids safe during arrival and dismissal... 1. Please note our hours: school starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. for K-5 students. We ask that you do not drop off your child before 7:30 a.m., as there is no supervision until then and the doors are locked. With cold weather we do not want them standing outside with no supervision and being cold. Thank you for your cooperation.
2. The drop off lane on 17 mile is NOT for parking, it is for parents to remain in their car to drop off students. If you need to park please go to the parking lot on the opposite side of the building on College St.
3. Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 7:50. If your child arrives after 7:50, please note that they will not have enough time to eat breakfast prior to school.
4. At dismissal if you are picking up your child in the building, please go to the cafeteria and wait for them. They will come to you. **Please note that Kindergarten parents who pick up their student will now pick them up in the cafeteria. The students will be seated at a table and you will need to sign them out. We are asking that you please not block the doorway, but wait in the cafeteria. We have a lot of students coming and going and it makes it difficult when entrances are blocked by adults.
5. If you are using the pickup lane to pick up your child after school, please use the drop off lane on 17 Mile Rd and do not park or leave your vehicle. We will have adult supervision to assist loading your children.
6. Please note the crossing guard start time is 7:30 a.m. So, if your child walks to school, please be aware of the time they leave home.
Thank you for your help in keeping all of our kids safe.
Before and After School Care is available again this year from 6:00 AM-6:00 PM for enrolled students from preschool through 5th grade. Early Eagles Childcare is also being offered during the school day for students enrolled in Kent City Preschool. If you are interested in any of these programs, please contact our school office for a registration packet.
Research shows that strong communication between home and school is a key ingredient of a child's academic success. This year our staff will continue strengthening communication with our families through technology. In an effort to make information more readily available and efficient, we need your help. Please talk with your child's teacher and provide your current email address. Understanding that some of you may not have email access, we will still be sending home hard copies of elementary school information with your family's oldest student here at KCE. We encourage you to visit our website on a regular basis.
29 College St
Kent City, MI 49330
(616) 678-4181 phone
(616) 678-7785 fax (PK-2nd)
(616) 678-7786 fax (3rd-5th)